September is one of the year’s most anticipated months since it is when tech giant, Apple, announces new products and updates. This time, it is the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max leading the charge
Apple is setting the tone for this year’s new product launch when introducing the new iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max: “It’s time to go beyond what a smartphone can do.” Check out some of the exciting features announced.
Small exterior changes but significant interior upgrades
The iPhone 14 Pro models are not that different from the iPhone 13 Pro. The newest line of Apple smartphones continues with stainless steel enclosure, textured glass back, Ceramic Shield-protected display, and flat edges. With a new camera and display, there are inevitably some slight changes to the exterior.
Also see: Social influence: beyond the blue tick
The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max feature a new Super Retina XDR display and now comes with an Always-On display – which is a first for the iPhone. When this feature is enabled, the wallpaper gets dimmed and information that is displayed can be glanced at all times.
Here are other exciting upgrades to this new product line:
- An upgraded A16 chip that offers more memory bandwidth and higher performance; it powers the Photonic Engine which cranks up low-light performance on all the lenses
- 48-megapixel Wide camera with quad-pixel sensor and 12-megapixel Ultra Wide camera for excellent macro shots
- TrueDepth front-facing camera supporting autofocus for the first time
- Professional photography has never been easier with the iPhone 14 Pro models as the device offers the full 48MP with ProRaw and a second-generation sensor-shift optical image stabilisation
- Higher peak HDR brightness up to 2000 nits allows for a brightness that is twice as bright as the previous Pro models when outside in sunny conditions
- A dual-core accelerometer that measures up to 256Gs to power Crash Detection and automatically notifies emergency services when such severe crashes are detected and you can’t reach your phone
The iPhone 14 Pro models are available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage capacities. They come in the following colours: deep purple, silver, gold, and space black. Pre-orders begin on September 9 with a launch on September 16.