10 fun facts about the #legend100 influencers of 2020
November 11, 2020
Now that the #legend100 list of Hong Kong’s top influencers of 2020 is out, it’s time to get to know them a little more. Prior to the launch, we reached out to all 100 with a short survey to find out more about them, including how they first became influencers, their favourite books, karaoke songs, celebrity crushes, and more.
Browse their profiles in our all-new searchable directory to see snippets of their answers, and get to know 10 fun facts about the #legend100 of 2020 below:
10 fun facts about the #legend100 of 2020
- Let’s start with the basics: 73% are female, while 27% are male. Guys, it’s time to step up!
2. The three most common words the #legend100 used to describe themselves were ‘fun/funny’, ‘passionate’ and ‘positive’.
3. Most of the #legend100 were born in the months of March and April. Something about being an Aries?
4. The #legend100 have a total combined follower count of over 15 million – that’s more than twice the size of Hong Kong’s population!
5. The #legend100 are a business-savvy bunch. Over 70% run their own businesses and startups in addition to being a social media influencer.
6. More than 90% of the #legend100 influencers were born and raised in Hong Kong – the rest are from countries such as France, Taiwan, Cameroon, Malaysia and Singapore.
7. Twenty-five (25%) of them are models – no wonder they know how to pose.
8. Over half of the #legend100 told us that they value authenticity in their social media interactions. As for the other half…? 🤔
9. Their most popular celebrity crushes were Beyonce, Hyun Bin, Johnny Depp, Michael B Jordan, Rihanna and Ruby Rose – all of whom had multiple mentions.
10. More than 25% named their mothers as their all-time #legend (cue the awwws). In second place? Karl Lagerfeld.