A runway look from Salvatore Ferragamo autumn/winter 2017 (Photo by Calvin Wang)
Here are six talking points from the Salvatore Ferragamo autumn/winter 2017 show in Milan. For our favourite looks, view gallery above.
1. The collection plays with two opposing silhouettes, one tailored and one relaxed.
2. Chunky knits are paired with thin English gabardine, creating varying textures and weight.
3. Calfskin and corduroy bonded together has been finished to look like rubber.
4. Much of what appears to be black, is in fact, a shade of eggplant.
5. The workboot is modernized with a chunky creeper-like sole with studs to expand exaggerate the bulkiness.
6. Ferragamo has strayed from its conventionally shaped bags and instead offered some interesting and oblong leather creations.