Here are six talking points from the Ports 1961 show in Milan this week.
1. The Autumn/Winter 2017 menswear collection from Ports 1961 is named ‘Army of Love’, and uses the Chinese and Japanese character for ‘Love’, which happen to be identical in both languages. The word for ‘Love’ also appears in Arabic, French, Russian and English.
2. The collection references the Artistic Director, Milan Vukmirovic’s youthful past in 90’s London.
3. The collection was designed to encompass everyday life, from protective clothing to city workwear.
4. Transformative and removable is a recurring theme in the collection.
5. Stripes were used to give the collection a sense of movement.
6. The classic Ports 1961 white shirt is given a red embroidered heart to represent the hearts beating in the young soldiers of love.